First Eucharist is normally celebrated in the second grade but
children in grades 3 or 4 might also celebrate the sacrament.
The Parent Meeting for children in grades 2nd, 3rd, & 4th will be October 5th, 2015.
The Sacrament of Reconciliation is celebrated prior to First Eucharist.
Children will celebrate this sacrament during class time the week of November 2, 2015.
In preparation for the sacramental day of First Eucharist please know that it
requires special apparel that is suitable for a child.
1) Dress slacks of any dark color, white dress shirt, tie, and dress shoes. They may wear a sport coat or suit but this is not required.
2) White suits or tuxedos are discouraged. White bows on the sleeve are permitted.
1) Dress (white is usually worn but not required), dress shoes or sandals, anklets or tights.
Dresses should not be sleeveless, strapless or have spaghetti straps. If that is all you can
find then the child must wear some type of a sweater or jacket while at church.
2) A veil is not necessary, please do not force your child to wear a veil. Ribbons, barrettes, flowers, or nothing at all is fine. Consider the comfort level and fidgetiness of your daughter before buying a veil.
3) Memory accessories should stay at home so that they do not get lost or damaged. With this in mind, gloves may not be worn and purses may not be carried.