First Eucharist is normally celebrated in the second grade but children in grades 3 or 4 might also celebrate the sacrament. A child must in Faith Formation for two years before they can be given First Eucharist. The sacrament is typically scheduled for a Saturday in late April.
The Sacrament of Reconciliation is celebrated prior to First Eucharist.
*Please Note: In preparation for the sacramental day of First Eucharist please know that it requires special apparel that is suitable for a child.
1) Dress slacks of any dark color, white dress shirt, tie, and dress shoes. They may wear a sport coat or suit but this is not required.
2) White suits or tuxedos are discouraged. White bows on the sleeve are permitted.
1) Dress (white is usually worn but not required), dress shoes or sandals, anklets or tights. Dresses should not be sleeveless, strapless or have spaghetti straps. If that is all you can
find then the child must wear some type of a sweater or jacket while at church.
2) A veil is not necessary, please do not force your child to wear a veil. Ribbons, barrettes, flowers, or nothing at all is fine. Consider the comfort level and fidgetiness of your daughter before buying a veil.
3) Memory accessories should stay at home so that they do not get lost or damaged. With this in mind, gloves may not be worn and purses may not be carried.