Please scroll down for all three Sacraments
Faith Formation’s Reconciliation for children in the 2nd grade and up is normally scheduled in the early afternoon on a Saturday in November.
Parents and any children IN THE PROGRAM are asked to attend the prayer service and community reconciliation as a family. Dress is school appropriate attire. All “age- appropriate” family members are encouraged to attend Reconciliation with the Priest.
Reconciliation is not a one time only sacrament. Age-appropriate family members are encouraged to celebrate Reconciliation at least annually. This gives us the needed cleansing of our sins thru God’s grace. It allows us to move forward in our life, with a positive focus, to do God’s will.
First Eucharist is normally celebrated in the second grade but children in grades 3 and up might also celebrate the sacrament. A child must be in Faith Formation for two years before they can receive First Eucharist. The sacrament is typically scheduled for a Saturday in late April.
(*Please know that the Sacrament of Reconciliation is celebrated prior to celebrating First Eucharist.)
Below is the information on the special attire that is suitable for a child who is celebrating First Eucharist.
- Dress slacks of any dark color, white dress shirt, tie, and dress shoes. They may wear a sport coat or a suit but this is not required.
- White suits or tuxedos are very expensive and are discouraged. White bows on the sleeve are permitted.
- Dress (White is usually worn but not required), dress shoes or sandals, anklets or tights. Dresses should not be sleeveless, strapless or have spaghetti straps. If that is all you can find then the child must wear some type of sweater or jacket while at church.
- A veil is not necessary, please do not force your child to wear a veil. Ribbons, barrettes, flowers, or nothing at all is fine. Consider the comfort level and fidgetiness of your daughter before buying a veil.
- Memory accessories should stay at home so that they do not get lost or damaged. With this in mind, gloves may not be worn and purses may not be carried.
The journey to prepare for the Sacrament of Confirmation at St. Isidore requires the teen to complete two paths of instruction: one of academic growth through Faith Formation, and the other of spiritual growth through the Director of Confirmation Prep.
The academic path is structured around coursework taught by Catechists through the Faith Formation program. It is a two-year program that begins in the 7th grade and will complete academic and confirmation instruction at the end of the 8th grade year. The academic year runs September through April. To register students or for more information on class schedules, please visit the Faith Formation Registration page.
The spiritual path starts in the 8th grade and is structured around preparing the student to understand the commitment of being a disciple of Christ. Typical requirements may include, but are not limited to: spiritual event, service hours, Confirmation interview, Candidate/Sponsor event, mandatory meetings and paperwork. This path of preparation is facilitated by the Director of Confirmation Prep.
For additional information or questions, please contact the Director of Confirmation Prep , Beth Beebe at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (586) 286-1700.